Quick Links

Enrolling to Vote

Almost everyone over 18 living, owning or leasing property in a Council area can be eligible to vote ..

  • You must be enrolled on the Council voters roll to be able to vote. You are eligible to vote if you are:
  • 18 years of age or over  on or before the close of voting; and
  • a resident in the Council area. You do not have to own a house or property to enrol to vote - tenants have those rights too.
  • Owners of property who are not residents, including body corporates or groups, also have entitlements to enrol to vote. 

How do I get on the Council Voters Roll?

You will automatically appear on the Council voters roll, and receive a postal ballot pack if you are:

  • already on the State electoral roll (House of Assembly Roll), which means you vote in State Government elections;
    However if you have changed address or postal address recently and have not changed your enrolment details you will need to do this now!

If you need to enrol or change your address you must do so by 5pm Friday the 10th of August, 2018 to be eligible to vote in November.  Fill out an enrolment or change of address form at any Post Office or Electoral Office or visit AEC website to download a form.

Organisations, business owners or occupiers

  • Organisations, business owners or occupiers are required to nominate a designated person to vote on their behalf who is a natural person, of or above 18 years of age.
  • If you are unsure whether you are on the Council voters roll, Contact Ray Van Keulen, Rates Officer telephone 8633 9734

Council Enrolment Form 1 - (Sole Owner/Resident)

Council Enrolment Form 2 - (Body Corporate)

Council Enrolment Form 3 - (Group Owners)


Nominate as a Council Member

Contact Us
Council Address
115 Ellen Street
PO Box 45
Port Pirie SA 5540
Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
9.00am - 5.00pm